WDS Asia – Oceania Conference
The WDS Asia–Oceania Conference 2017 will reinforce the WDS community in this region and help establish a collaborative system for access to and dissemination of research data. In particular, the conference will support existing international research priorities such as those of ICSU sponsored programmes: Future Earth, Integrated Research on Disaster Risk, and Urban Health and Wellbeing.
The principal objectives of the conference are:
- Strengthen collaboration among China, Japan, and countries in the Asia–Oceania region for WDS activities
- Build and expand the WDS community in the Asia–Oceania region
- Exchange experience on successful applications for WDS membership
- Encourage former World Data Centres to join ICSU-WDS
- Introduce advanced technologies connected with WDS-oriented activities
- Promote WDS activities in support of Future Earth in the Asia–Oceania region.
For more information, please see the conference website.