The CODATA 2019 Conference will be held on 18-19 September 2019 in Beijing, China. The theme is 'Towards next-generation data-driven science: policies, practices and platforms'. The conference will follow a high-level workshop, 17-18 September 2019, on ‘Implementing Open Research Data Policy and Practice’ that will examine such challenges in China and elsewhere in the light of the emergence of data policies and in particular the China State Council’s Notice on ‘Measures for Managing Scientific Data’.
Science globally is being transformed by new digital technologies. At the same time, addressing the major global challenges of the age requires the analysis of vast quantities of heterogeneous data from multiple sources. In response, many countries, regions and scientific domains have developed Research Infrastructures to assist with the management, stewardship and analysis.
These developments have been stimulated by Open Science policies and practices, both those developed by funders and those that have emerged from communities. The FAIR principles and supporting practices seek to accelerate this process and unlock the potential of analysis at scale with machines.
This conference provides a significant opportunity to survey and examine these developments from a global perspective. The convening organizations are now inviting session proposals by 29 April 2019:
All proposals related to open science and open data, FAIR data, research data management and stewardship, research infrastructures and platforms are welcomed. Please see the conference website for more information.
- 1 February: Call for Session Proposals Released
- 1 April: Registration Open
- 29 April: deadline for session proposals
- 13 May: accepted session proposals notified; call for presentations and posters released.
- 17 June: deadline for presentation submissions and first round of poster submissions
- 8 July: submitters notified of acceptances of full presentations and posters
- 1 August: close of second round of poster submissions
- 18 August: close of early bird registration
- 17-18 September: High-level workshop on ‘Implementing Open Research Data Policy and Practice’
CODATA 2019 is convened by CODATA and CODATA China, and supported by the Minister of Science and Technology (MOST), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
The local organizers are Computer Network Information Center, CAS; National S&T Infrastructure Center, MOST